Thank you for accessing the RogueAustralia.com.au Website (“Site”) operated by Coulter Ventures trading as Rogue Fitness Australia (“Rogue” or "we", "us", "our"). We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by Rogue to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
Information Collection and Use
1. Information Collection.
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We use your personal information to:
- help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- tailor ads or other communications to be most relevant to you.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of any Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, and email address. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Sites, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to create a gift registry, to request us to notify you of new products; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, the Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer's personal information collected by us.
- Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- Age. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
- Product Reviews. You may choose to submit a product review. If you post a review, we will ask for your email address. Your email address will be kept private). Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review without disclosing any personal information.
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Sites’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section 2, we may share your information with affiliates under Rogue’s control.
- Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to create a gift registry, to request us to notify you of new products; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Rogue’s control, except that:
- As do most catalog and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- Overseas disclosure. It may be necessary for us to engage overseas third parties to store the personal information we collect from you or to otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties residing overseas. If this occurs, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas third party complies with the Australian Privacy Principles.
It is not possible to list here all the countries in which third parties to whom we may need to disclose your personal information may reside. Some of those countries may not have substantially the same laws as Australia or the opportunity for you to enforce any rights to protect your personal information. Normally we require any entity overseas to whom it discloses your personal information to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). However, this may not always be possible. Accordingly, if you provide personal information to us, we may disclose it to entities overseas who are not or may not be obliged to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. By providing personal information to us in connection with your use of the Site, you hereby acknowledge and accept these matters and expressly consent to us disclosing your personal information to such overseas entities (wherever located) with full knowledge that those entities may not be obliged to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. We will not be accountable to you in respect of the use or disclosure by that overseas entity of your personal information and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act in respect of such use or disclosure. You also expressly acknowledge and accept that you may not be able to seek redress under the laws of the country in which the overseas entity is located or in the country or place in which that personal information is subsequently or otherwise disclosed or accessed. You may withdraw your consent to such disclosure at any time by providing not less than 7 days’ prior written notice to us using the contact details provided below. If you do not consent to such disclosure, or you do consent but later withdraw that consent, you may not be able to use or continue to use the Site (including, without limitation, to complete any purchases to be made using the Site) or, if you have already commenced using the Site at the time you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to complete any purchases made using the Site.
3. Contests and Other Promotions.
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account . You can make these by emailing your request to Rogue at [email protected], or by calling us at +02 4627 4005
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information to Rogue.
If you would prefer to opt out of online RogueFitness.com advertising that may be targeted or tailored to your interests, you can can use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt-Out Tool. To opt out of an NAI member’s advertising program, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the NAI (Network Advertising Initiative) consumer opt-out page by clicking here.
- Check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out. Alternatively, you can check the box labeled “Select All” and each member’s opt-out box will be checked for you.
- Next click the “Submit” button. The Tool will automatically replace the specified advertising cookie(s) and verify your opt-out status.
Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It only means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns.
RogueAustralia.com.au supports the DNT (Do Not Track) browser initiative which allows users to make choices about the information collected by their browsers. The DNT browser setting is now supported by recent versions of major browsers, including Firefox 5+, Internet Explorer 9+, Safari 5.1+, and Chrome. Implementations of DNT are evolving. Please visit your browser's help section for the most recent implementation details.
Examples of how to turn on DNT:
Firefox 5 and above:
- Open the Preferences menu and click Privacy.
- Check the box for Tell web sites I do not want to be tracked.
Internet Explorer 9 and above:
- Visit Microsoft's Tracking Protection page for information about setting up tracking protection on Microsoft browsers.
- Open Chrome and go to Preferences.
- Go to Settings and select “Show advanced settings...” at the bottom.
- Under Privacy, check the box next to “Send a ‘Do Not Track’ request with your browsing traffic” and click“OK” from the pop-up.
Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
Updates To This Policy
Effective January 3, 2014